Follow by Email

Monday, January 20, 2014

What is the Milwaukee Justice Bus?

The Justice Bus is a mobile legal clinic that allows you to speak with a volunteer attorney for free. Information for the next clinic is below: DATES AND HOURS: Saturday January 25, 2014 10:00am-2:00pm Clinic must close promptly at 2:00pm. PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY FOR BEST CHANCE OF BEING SEEN. WE ABSOLUTELY CANNOT HELP WITH CRIMINAL MATTERS. • EVICTION? • CHILD SUPPORT? • CUSTODY AND VISITATION? • BILL COLLECTION? • FORECLOSURE? • DEATH OF A FAMILY MEMBER? LOCATION: Parklawn YMCA 4340 N 46th St. Milwaukee, WI 53216

3 comments:

  1. I have a few questions regarding a small claims filing in Kenosha, WI. I would be eternally grateful for any and all assistance you may return to me concerning same.
    1) If defendant has not been served by sherriffs; department after 6 attempts per 2 week period; and @ two seperately paid periods to serve; with returned documents to myself stating defendant is 'most likely avioding being served'...will this transpiring work to my advantage when court resumes for deliberations?
    2) Is it still in my best interest to file property liens against defendants properties @ this point due to inability to serve defendant/resolve outstanding workpay issues?
    3) When court resumes for deliberation on this matter,
    what are my options without counsel; to secure some type of re-compensation for lost wages?
    Any further comments on this matter will be very much appreciated! Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please contact me at bwegner@milwbar.org to resolve. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have questions regarding the filing of Form CR-290 (Petition to Expunge Court Record of Conviction prior to July 1, 2009). Is filing this form and going through the process something that can be done rather easily without a lawyer? Where do I go to file this form? And how long does this process usually take?

    I live in Chicago now, so a clearer picture of this process will be helpful for coordinating time off of work and travel.

    Thank you in advance for your response.

    ReplyDelete